Dates are sweet, chewy and very healthy fruits that are mainly a staple food of Middle Eastern countries. However, they are consumed almost all over the world as natural sweeteners used in smoothies, shakes, nutrition bars, baked goods, etc. Dates are very beneficial because they contain many vitamins and minerals that contribute to good health. Also, many types of dates exist in the world, but people are not aware of all of them. So, today we take you on a tour where you will get to know the types of dates and the differences therein.
Types of dates
1. Medjool dates
- Cut: Medjool dates are huge and have a fibrous texture.
- Color: Additionally, it comes in a reddish brown color.
- Origins: Medjool dates are mainly cultivated in Morocco, Palestine, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
- Taste: They are soft and sweet.
- Cut: Omani dates are one of the best varieties of dates which are usually large in size.
- Color: Omani dates are dark brown in color.
- Origin: As the name suggests, he is originally from Oman, in the Middle East.
- Taste: These are juicy and sweet to taste.
3. Piarom dates
- Cut: Piarom dates are long, thin and oval, they measure approximately 2 to 5 cm.
- Color: In addition, they are semi-dried dates and have a dark brown to black skin color.
- Origins: These are cultivated in the Persian Gulf and parts of the Middle East.
- Taste: Piarom has a unique sweet taste, which exhibits some characteristics of caramel and caramel.
4. Deglet Nour dates
- Cut: Deglet Nour dates have a caliber of 9 to 12 grams, and the shape is elongated and thin.
- Color: In addition, the color of these dates is dark golden brown.
- Origins: Its origin is Tunisia.
- Taste: Deglet your dates are soft, fleshy and sweet.
5. Mazafati dates
- Cut: Talking about different types of dates without mentioning Mazafati dates is not so fair. These dates are 2.5 to 4 cm in size.
- Color: These have a soft flesh of a dark brown color.
- Origins: Additionally, Mazafati dates originate from Bam, a city in Kerman, Iran.
- Taste: It has a mild taste of caramel, brown sugar and chocolate.
6. Barhi dates
- Cut: Barhi dates are the most minor and fragile dates available. Also, it measures around 16-20 grams and is round in shape.
- Color: Barhi dates are yellow in color.
- Origins: Its origin is in Iraq.
- Taste: Barhi is the smoothest and creamiest date, which also tastes of caramel, toffee, brown sugar and syrup.
7. Theoretical dates
- Cut: Thoory dates are medium to large in size and oblong in shape.
- Color: Additionally, Thory date is one of the types of khajur that has a typical golden brown flesh.
- Origin: They are famous in Algeria.
- Taste: These are quite dry, semi-sweet, and have a nutty, peanut-like flavor.
8. American dates
- Cut: The size of bitter dates varies from 12 to 22 grams and with an oval and elongated shape.
- Color: However, these are dates that are light brown to dark brown in color.
- Origins: Ameri dates have their origins in Iraq.
- Taste: These are moderate sweet dates.
9. Dayri dates
- Cut: Dayri are the types of dates that are medium to large in size and have soft, red skin.
- Color: When these dates ripen, its skin turns amber to red and golden brown after being stored.
- Origin: They are from Iraq.
- Taste: Dayri dates are soft, heavy and sweet to the taste.
10. Halawy dates
- Cut: In addition, Halawy is a small to medium date fruit with delicate and pale flesh.
- Color: He has golden brown skin.
- Origins: Halawy dates come from Mesopotamia.
- Taste: In addition, they are delicious, sweet, and taste like caramel and honey.
11. Khudri dates
- Cut: Khudri is one of the varieties of dates which have flakes in the skin. It exists in small and large sizes.
- Color: These are dark brown in color with few wrinkles.
- Origins: Khudri is cultivated in Saudi Arabia.
- Taste: These are moderately sweet, soft and slightly dry dates.
12. Date Zahidi
- Cut: Zahidi are medium sized dates that are oval.
- Color: In addition, they have light brown skin with a thick, golden inner flesh.
- Origins: It was cultivated in northern Iraq.
- Taste: Also, these are nutty dates that taste like peanut butter and a mixture of dried apricots.
13. Safawi dates
- Cut: Safawi dates are medium sized dates with a round shape.
- Color: Safawi dates are dark black cherry in color with a slight brown in them.
- Origins: They grow in Medina, Saudi Arabia.
- Taste: Safawi dates are sweeter than khudri dates.
- Cut: Amber is the largest date of all the famous dates in Medina.
- Color: In addition, they are dates of amber color.
- Origins: Amber dates originate from the Medina region of Saudi Arabia.
- Taste: They are sweet and fleshy dry dates.
15. Kalmi dates
- Cut: Additionally, kalmi dates are one of the variations of safawi dates. They are small and cylindrical in size.
- Color: Kalmi dates are black in color.
- Origins: These types of khajoor are native to Oman but cultivated in Medina.
- Taste: Besides, they have the usual date flavor with an enriched sweetness.